Preheat oven to 450F.
Note: For best results, heat your oven with a pizza stone positioned on the centre rack and use the convection setting.
- 2 cups luke warm water
- 2 1/4 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 Tbsp cane sugar
- White (unbleached) organic flour (800g)
- 1 Tbsp Himalayan pink salt (or similar)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt (or similar)
- 1/Combine water, yeast and sugar in your Thermomix mixing bowl. Blend 2 mins/37C/Speed 2.
- 2/Add flour, salt and oil to the TM bowl. Using the “Bread” setting, knead for 2.5 minutes.
- 3/Transfer dough into a large mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 45 minutes to an hour. Once proofed, divide the dough into the number of sections as required.Note: This recipe yields enough dough for 4 medium-size pizzas (12″ round) or 3 large pizzas (12″ round).
- 4/Turn each section of dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Roll out until each section is a 12″ wide circle (approx. 1/8″ thin).
- 3/4 cup cashews, raw (110g)
- 1 tsp hemp seeds, raw and unshelled
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1/Place cashews and hemp seeds in the Thermomix mixing bowl. Grind 7 sec/Speed 7.Note: Be careful not to overgrind.
- 2/Add salt and garlic powder to the TM bowl. Using the Turbo setting (1.0 sec) pulse twice.
- 3/Add lemon juice to the TM bowl. Using the Turbo setting( 0.5 sec) plus three times.Transfer the prepared cheese to a small mixing bowl; set aside.
Vegan Three Cheese Pizza Ingredients
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (plus extra for drizzle)
- Pinch of basil, dried
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese (recipe above)
Vegan Three Cheese Pizza Assembly
- 1/Brush a generous amount of olive oil over prepared pizza dough. Sprinkle a pinch of dried basil and salt.
- 2/Spread tomato sauce over herbs, then top with shredded cheeses. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- 3/Gently drizzle olive oil over parmesan cheese. Bake until golden brown (approx. 10-12 minutes).
Note: This recipe was made using a Thermomix appliance, however it can easily be adapted using similar food prep tools (e.g. mutli-function processor, immersion blender etc) or using a more traditional stovetop method.