This is our go to recipe for Vegan Salted Pretzels. Most commercial pretzels you buy at the market are laced with lard so we were highly motivated to come up with a quick and easy vegan Thermomix recipe. We often use these german salted breads as sides for soups such as our Creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup or our Curried Red Pepper Soup
- 1/Lightly grease a large mixing bowl with olive oil.
- 2/Prepare baking tray with parchment paper.
- 3/Preheat oven to 450F.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- Himalayan pink salt (quantity to your liking)
- Poppy seeds (quantity to your liking)
Try experimenting with alternative ingredients (e.g. sesame seeds, garlic salt etc) to change the taste of these pretzels~
- 1/Mix water with yeast and sugar in the Thermomix mixing bowl. Blend 15 sec/Speed 3. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes. It should become thick and foamy.
- 2/Add flour and salt to the TM bowl. Knead for 3 minutes.
- 3/Transfer dough from the TM bowl to a lightly greased mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap (or similar) and let the dough proof for approx. 1 hour at room temperature. Note: Expect the dough to double in size~
- 4/Once the dough has proofed divide it into 8 equal-sized pieces. Roll each piece into a rope (approx. 2 feet long/24 inches) and then twist into a pretzel shape
- 5/In a small bowl combine warm water and baking soda. Dip each pretzel in the warm water-baking soda solution and transfer to baking tray.
- 6/Sprinkle desired seasonings on each pretzel (I used salt and poppy seeds). Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot!