When it comes to homemade pizza dough there is no need to re-invent the wheel. We found that the simpler the recipe, the better is the crust. The key is to use good quality organic ingredients; as such a good quality flour is paramount. In the past we have used Jamie Oliver’s pizza crust recipe and more recently the basic Thermomix crust recipe which is also excellent. We are including the Thermomix recipe on our blog for quick reference but we recommend you have fun with your crust and experiment with different formulas and also types of flour such as spelt. You can use this recipe variation in many of our creations such as our Vegan Tomato & Basil Pesto Pizza and our Vegan Three Cheese pizza.
- Extra virgin olive oil (30g)
- Water (room Temperature) (220g)
- 1 tsp unrefined sugar
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- organic white unbleached flour (400g)
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/ Place water, sugar and yeast into mixing bowl and Mix 20 sec/speed 2.
- 2/ Add flour, olive oil and salt and knead 2 min.
- 3/ Place dough in bowl and cover for about an hour. It should double in size.
Note: This recipe was made using a Thermomix appliance, however it can easily be adapted using similar food prep tools (e.g. mutli-function processor, immersion blender etc).