Simple is best when it comes to making your own pizza dough. Janik and I have been using this recipe for well over 10 years and the only change we’ve made to it in recent years is using organic (vs non-organic) all-purpose flour or using Type 00 Pizza Flour (milled finer than white flour). Very bougie of us (lol) but honestly it’s well worth the higher price point. You can’t go wrong with premium quality, wholesome ingredients.
- Water, room temperature (220g)
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- Flour (Pizza Type 00 if you can) (400g)
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Extra virgin olive oil (30g)
- 1/ Place water, sugar and yeast into a mixing bowl. Whisk vigorously for 30 sec.
- 2/ Add flour, salt and olive oil. Knead for 2 min.
- 3/ Place dough in bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let proof for 1 hour (should double in size).